National AIA Resource Center for Covid-19
There is a lot of information about this virus on TV; News Media is giving information 24/7. We are going to give you some practically important and most recent information.
Corona Virus belongs to a large family of viruses that can cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases as Sars.
There is no specific treatment for Coronavirus, but symptoms can be treated.
How it Spreads
Respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land on the person nearby or the objects. Therefore wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water or use hand Sanitizer. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Put distance between yourself and other people if Covid 19 is spreading in your community. This is very important for people who are at higher risk like Heart or Lung Disease, Diabetes, Cancer, etc.
Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or Handkerchief For use inside of your elbow, when cough or sneeze. Wash your hands immediately. Wear a mask if you are sick and you are going around the people or doctor’s office. Disinfect surfaces daily, this includes tables, Doorknobs, light switch telephone toilets, sinks, etc.
A new scientific study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, that the Virus remains detectable for several hours ( 3 Hours ) in Aerosols, up to 4 hours on Copper, 24 hours on the Cardboard, and 2-3 days on Plastic and Stainless Steel.
How to prevent from getting the infection
– The First and foremost important thing is to Quarantine yourself as much as possible.
– If you have to work, must use Gloves and masks, use a handkerchief. There is clear Laboratory
evidence that Covid Virus is Heat Sensitive said by Professor John Nicholls 2 days ago.
– We can take this preventive measure that may help, to use Steam Inhalation
(Boil the Water and Inhale the steam by deep inhalations)
– You can use Hot air inhalation from a Hair Dryer, Be careful and protect yourself from Burn.
– If you have Sauna in home Use that steam inhalation.
– Wash and dry the clothes that you wear at work or use for going outside, every day
– Increase your Immunity, By taking Vitamin C. It is advisable to use 2-4 drops of Lemon in a glass of
warm water, and take 3-4 glasses of water every day.
– Oranges, amla, etc . are other rich sources of Vit C. Vit A is there in Colored vegetables like carrots,
Tomatoes, and Red and Green Chilies and Minerals are there in Green Leafy Vegetables like Spinach,
Must do Breathing exercises described as Pranayama in Yoga
- Deep inhale and Exhale Exercise
- Anulom Vilom ( Please contact Yoga center or watch ITV 8.30 am Yoga)
- Keep Positive Thinking that may relieve your stress
If you have any symptoms like Cold, cough and fever, it may present as weakness , abdominal pain , Nausea , Diarrhea and loss of taste, Immediately contact your Primary physician.
Avoid the use of Ibuprofen, and Steroids in the treatment of CoronaVirus they may be harmful.
In case you cannot reach your primary physician, we have a team of Drs.
You can consult anyone of them between 10 am to 6 pm.
Dr. Om Prakash Bansal, Internal Medicine, 516-835-7720, New York USA
Dr. Ravi Goyal, Internal Medicine -Pulmonary ( Lungs ) Critical care, 516-967-5979, New York USA
Dr. Deepak Nandi Psychiatrist, 516 319 8509, New York USA
Please take good care of yourself and your family members and stay Healthy
Urmilesh Arya MD
President National AIA